Who loves a nice bowl of chili on a cold day? I know I do. I love to make chili using grass fed beef, but that can sometimes get expensive for this college student’s budget! This time around I made a turkey chili which tasted great, and is still a great source of protein, but at a fraction of the cost of beef! I keep this in my fridge and eat off of it for a quick heat-up lunch all week long. #prepforsuccess
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 can chili beans in sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Begin browning turkey in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in diced onion. Heat until onion is translucent and turkey is fully cooked.
- Season meat with chili powder. I don’t measure… I just dump it in until the meat is mostly coated with the seasoning, and taste to make sure it has enough flavor for my liking.
- Add canned beans and tomatoes, heat through and serve!
- Top with diced avocado to round out the meal with some healthy fats!