Did you know you could make banana bread without sugar? I didn’t. Until I found this recipe from iFoodReal.com. I love muffins. There is something SO indulgent about dunking bites of muffin in my cup of coffee in the morning, but I hardly have them because they can have SO much sugar!
These gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free (besides the chocolate chips) banana muffins solve that problem! I have been making them to keep on hand as an easy grab and go snack incase I need something between classes or as a treat with breakfast.
These muffins are also perfect because I am that person that always buys bananas, and then never eats them. Ask me why? I truly do not know. It’s just a thing I do. Like all the time. Haha. BUT spotty bananas make great muffins so there!
Anyway, you have got to try this recipe. It is super simple and the muffins are so moist and delicious. Even without sugar! Not to mention, they are filling from the fats and protein in almond flour. Win, win!
Recipe (adapted from ifoodreal.com):
Makes 6 muffins
- 1.5 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Mini Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Spray Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a blender, blend all ingredients except almond flour and chocolate chips.
- Measure almond flour into a bowl and create a well in the center.
- Pour banana mixture into the well in the center of the almond flour and combine. Fold in chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake for 30 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container and in the refrigerator if you keep them longer than a day or two.