My crock pot and I are best friends. We like to go for long walks together… lol just kidding. But really, the crock pot is such a life saver when it comes to making healthy meals on a time (and literal) budget.
If you haven’t already started to notice, I like meals that contain all the macronutrients (ie carbs, protein and fat) to keep my blood sugar balanced. I especially like when I can get all three of those things in the same bowl together, like this soup.
What’s in it?
- Vegetable carbs: bell pepper, diced green chilies, organic corn, onion, and white chili beans.
- Lean animal protein: chicken breast, chicken stock or bone broth
- Fat: avocado oil and whole avocado
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can organic corn
- 1 can white chili beans
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth (I used Vital Proteins chicken bone broth)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred with two forks, then stir back in.
- Serve hot and top with diced avocado and optional crushed tortilla chips.