My latest brew has been a hit with friends and family so I thought I would share my recipe. I love how simple and easy this one was.
- 2 ripe peaches
- A few inches of fresh ginger root
- Filtered water, for blending
- 2 liters of fresh, homemade Kombucha
1) Peel and pit peaches and toss them in your blender.
2) Peel ginger and discard the skin.
3) Use your peeler to shave little bits of ginger into the blender along with the peaches, about an inch or two in total.
4) Pour in some cool water and purée everything in your blender.
5) Taste to see if you would like to add more ginger. I kind of played with this one until I got a flavor that I liked.
6) You will end up with about two cups of ginger peach purée. Put one cup into each of your 1 liter Kombucha bottles and fill the rest of the way with your fresh brew. Or, you can always bottle in single serve bottles as well.
7) Gently swirl the Kombucha- peach mixture to combine and then place somewhere out of sunlight to ferment for a few days. I believe I left mine out for 4 days to a week. Test every once and awhile to see if it is getting fizzy. If there is pressure when you open your bottles, or you hear that “hiss” sound, pop your bottles in the refrigerator and store for up to a few months.